Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

Something I Love (2)

Something I love.....
FLOWERS and pretty PICTURES of them

Can you guess which ones I took myself? (And yes, I did take some of them.) Aren't they just beautiful? Even though I don't always think flowers are the greatest (because they die, and I don't particularly love the 'smell' of them), they do have a way of making me happy when I see them in pictures (or in real life) like this.

What is your favorite flower and why? Please feel free to share a favorite "flower moment" you've had in your life.

6 comments:

  1. Did you take the last picture? Other than that, I couldn't guess - they all look really good! My favorite flower moment might be the first time I got my yellow rose bush to bloom. It made me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for the blue iris -- it's blue of course -- as the favorite picture. I have no idea which one you took -- they all look great. I used to love to watch my dad's tulips grow. I had a thing about tulips when I was in MIA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, what do you mean a 'thing?' Just a like for them when you were young, or a project or something for MIA? (And MIA is what is now mutual, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you take the pictures of the flowers without dew?

    See my comments on Emily's blog about my flower experiences.

    I like carnations and daisies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you take the butterfly picture?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm gonna spoil this for anyone else who wanted to guess...

    I took the picture of the one with the butterfly, and the last picture.

    I took them in Nauvoo this past summer when I was walking around whilst waiting for everyone else to do a session at the temple. It had just rained, and these beautiful flowers right next to the statue garden were calling out for me to take pictures of them. I thought it was pretty cool that I captured a butterfly, too. :)

    And Jen, all of the pictures had dew on them, so I don't know what your guesses really were. The butterfly one is hard to see the droplets, but I'm pretty sure all the rest have 'em.

    ReplyDelete