As many of you know, I am the visiting teaching leader in my Relief Society. One of my responsibilities is to encourage the girls to actually do their visiting teaching and then report it.
Living in the dorms, one of the best ways of advertising something is to leave a sign in each of the bathroom stalls. After all, everyone has to go, don't they? So, I periodically leave signs or quotes on the stall doors. However, sometimes I feel like a nag when I 'bother' the girls so much.
Today I decided to combat this 'nagging' with humor. This is the sign I left up in the bathroom:
What do you think? :)
nicely done. So you.
ReplyDeleteI like the word espouse (used in the section above the note). Since I don't know what you were posting before, I think it works!
ReplyDeleteThat is a good tool, I know that I used to read those messages all the time, and I think they work
ReplyDeleteNice! Of course, we don't have bathroom stalls that each of our sisters use on a daily basis, but I might copy your idea and post something on the door as people enter the building -- at least they would get reminded 4 (or 5 if it is a 5-Sunday month) times a month!
ReplyDeleteI would write the following:
ReplyDeleteTinkle, tinkle on the pot.
How I wonder if it's hot.
Down below the toilet seat.
Oops, I got some on my feet.
Tinkle, tinkle on the pot.
How I wonder if it's hot.
(to the tune of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star")
PS - Do you remember "I am like a Star?"
Spencer, the point is to remind them about visiting teaching, not just to make them laugh (or get grossed out). :)
ReplyDeleteAnd of course I remember "I Am Like a Star." How could I forget?! :D
my favorite. a visiting teaching classic, right up there with the RS presidency's music video thing.
ReplyDelete