Do you have specific people or events come to your mind when you hear certain songs? I have this happen to me all the time, it seems.
In fact, the vast majority of the songs on my playlist for this very blog were put there because of the special associations I have with the songs. Others don't really mean something special, but I just liked the song. It's obviously too hard to put all the reasons up here, but if you ever want to ask me why a specific song is on my playlist, please do. I'd love to explain it if I can.
On a further note, this just makes me realize even more the power of music in my life. I'm so grateful for it, and there's obviously a reason why we are encouraged to only listen to uplifting music!
I like to turn on your blog and just let the music play. Good choices.
ReplyDeleteYes, music often makes me think of certain situations or people. Hence, the reason I love the CD you kids made for me of songs that remind me of (or you) of Dad. And the reasons all vary.
ReplyDeleteWhy do you think I'm a music major? I can't give it up!
ReplyDeleteditto to Lisa's comment
ReplyDelete