Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Things

Things I've never done *slash* things I want to learn to do *slash* things I want to do just to say that I did them at least once in my life *slash* things I want to do particularly before I graduate from BYU *slash* things I've never done, but once I do I imagine I'll do it for the rest of my life:
(Your guess as to which things fall into which category.)
  • Eat at the Pendulum Court
  • Play chess
  • Watch "Freaky Friday" (the version with Jodie Foster)
  • Ski
  • Watch "Casa Blanca"
  • Be in a Dinner Group
  • Visit every museum owned by BYU
  • Watch a bunch of specific movies, the naming of which I will spare you
  • Visit the fully completed Cannon Center
  • Play Badminton
  • Go on a road trip with friends
  • Play the cello
  • Play the French horn
  • Go to a concert (and not just a band or orchestra one :D)
  • Get a tattoo.... HAHA. Just kidding! That's rill rill dumb. And ugly. And gross. And I really don't see why that is on some people's "life list."
  • Bungee Jump or Sky Dive
  • Go to the East Coast and visit places like New York, Washington D.C., Boston, North Carolina, etc. I've heard so many great things about these places, but I don't remember it at all from the time we went when I was young!
  • Go on a mission
  • Meet the President (of either the Church or the United States, but more so the first)
  • Get a pedicure
  • Go through the temple
  • Get an iPod
  • Decide on a major
  • Eat Greek food
  • Make a slide show of cool pictures
  • Take a photography class
  • Build a house with Habitat for Humanity
  • Write a song
  • Read classic novels
  • Go to Hawaii
  • Run at least three 5Ks within a year period
  • Shovel snow
  • Buy delicious smelling hand soap at Bath and Body Works
  • Make a movie
  • Dance with a boy whom I love
  • Go ice blocking
  • Go to every temple in Utah
  • Eat at In-N-Out
  • Memorize a piano song that is harder than the level I was at in Second Grade
  • Visit every state
  • Try an unfamiliar kind of cheese
  • Buy a pair of boots
  • Stay up all night
  • Swim in the Great Salt Lake
  • Hike up to the "Y" on the mountain
  • Complete a scrapbook
  • Get in a real, lengthy snowball fight
  • Get a 4.0 GPA
  • Hear a Big Band (well, I don't know if that's what it's called, but like the one from the "The Great Mom Swap") live
  • Watch a sunrise and a sunset -- uninterrupted and viewed from a place away from most other people
  • Celebrate a Christmas with a live tree
  • Plant a tree
  • Eat an eggplant
  • Go tubing or waterskiing
  • Participate in a Helping Hands project (the yellow LDS t-shirts, ya know?)
  • Shovel snow
  • Go sledding
  • Attend a session of General Conference in the Conference Center
  • See a Music and the Spoken Word production live
  • Watch a show on Broadway (or traveling Broadway)
There's probably more, but at least it's a start.

5 comments:

  1. What a fun list! Great ambitions! I, too, wanted to eat an eggplant... so I did it last night! Good luck with your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list. I could even do some of them with you - some would even be my first...

    ReplyDelete
  3. um so I want to do almost all of these with you. Especially the tattoo one. Let's go together.

    And of course, Freaky Friday! Gosh. I am scandalized to hear you have never played badminton before?! You must needs play it, preferably with me, because it's my favorite sport. And let's do a road trip to New York sometime (seriously...come visit me!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sure you don't mean the Freaky Friday with Jamie Lee Curtis (and Lindsay Lohan)? Or was there yet another one that starred Jodie Foster?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup. I gotta watch the Jodie Foster one (it's the original) because people are always telling me I look like Jodie Foster (especially when she was younger in this movie). I don't actually care for the Lindsay Lohan one so much, so hopefully I like the Jodie Foster one better.

    ReplyDelete