Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

My Christmas Vacation

This year for Christmas, I went with my other single sister not on a mission, Jennifer, to visit our sister Michelle and her family in Iowa. Whilst I was there I had lots of fun!! I did a lot of relaxing, a bunch of reading good books, had a lot of sleep, enjoyed fun late-night chats, successfully messed with my sleep schedule, and even did some heart rate blasting and fat shredding with Jillian and the YMCA. I even learned some interesting facts about *tobacco while I was there.
Thank you, Mom, for funding my little Iowan vacation ('cause we all know I'd be too poor to afford that on my own). Thank you, Jen, for getting things arranged and for being a fun roommate for a couple of weeks (even if you do do interesting things right after you fall asleep). And most of all, thank you, Michelle and Mike (and Aidan), for letting us come stay with you and play with you!

[Just so you know, the italicized things are inside jokes we had that aren't worth explaining if you weren't there. *And yes, you could understand the tobacco comment if you read Michelle's blog, but apparently (based on the lack of comments there), we were the only ones to find that side-splitingly hilarious.]

Here are just a few of the pictures (mostly of Aidan on here, but I did take other ones) from the break. Since I got to meet him for the first time, I thought I'd introduce him to you, too!
What a fun guy to sit next to in every car ride! And he makes a good lamb.

Aww! Look at the Mr. with his big blue eyes. So precious.

Though my pictures don't generally show it, he sure has an adorable grin with two little bottom teeth!

Aidan went swimming for the first time!

Aidan and his milk jugs at the store. (Thank goodness it wasn't at Hy-Vee that we bought this milk.)

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Nice post... we even got most of the inside jokes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Aidan ever smile? I think out of all those pics, he's only smiling in one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He smiles right up until the flash starts and then he gets interested in that and stops smiling. There were lots of times I tried to get a picture of him smiling only for the picture to turn out without the smile that was previously on his face.

    I got all of the inside jokes, Heidi, and am glad you didn't expound on them (especially one in particular).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I realized I forgot to throw "contort" in there somewhere...

    ReplyDelete