Lately I've really been aware of the fact that I'm a big wuss. Yup, that's right. I'm a wuss. If something takes me just an inch out of my comfort zone, I back off. If it's something that I can't take away, I pretend like it's not there. Dealing with sticky situations is just not my forte.
I won't go into them here, but lately I've had some experiences that have really opened my eyes to the fact that I need to be more brave in life.
But How?
This past semester in my Hymns of the Restoration class, a hymn was brought to my attention that I had never really noticed before. It's hymn number 128. Check out the lyrics:
"I will not doubt, I will not fear;
God's love and strength are always near.
His promised gift helps me to find
An inner strength and peace of mind.
I give the Father willingly
My trust, my prayers, humility.
His Spirit guides; his love assures
That fear departs when faith endures."
I encourage all of you readers out there to be brave. Courage is not always easy, but "fear departs when faith endures." When life throws curve balls at you, remember that "God's love and strength are always near."
God's love and strength are always near.
His promised gift helps me to find
An inner strength and peace of mind.
I give the Father willingly
My trust, my prayers, humility.
His Spirit guides; his love assures
That fear departs when faith endures."
I encourage all of you readers out there to be brave. Courage is not always easy, but "fear departs when faith endures." When life throws curve balls at you, remember that "God's love and strength are always near."
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.
Good luck, everyone! I know I need it in my life right now.
Thanks. Some of my own sentiments...
ReplyDeleteAmen. Life is challenging sometimes.
ReplyDeleteNot for me. Life is easy, breezy, beautiful. All the time.
ReplyDeleteI am lying...
Changes are always something that bring on fear. Comfort zones are just that . . . comfortable. Change is outside the comfort zone. But with faith, we can always have the Lord by our side for any change or other difficult situation we have to go through.
ReplyDelete