Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Progress Report

Remember my list? Well, I've been wanting to see how I've been doing. You wanna analyze it with me? Here goes:
Red are the ones I've done. Blue, I'm still lacking. Green are my comments to enjoy.

  • Eat at the Pendulum Court
  • Play chess
  • Watch "Freaky Friday" (the version with Jodie Foster)
  • Ski
  • Watch "Casa Blanca"
  • Be in a Dinner Group
  • Visit every museum owned by BYU....I don't actually know all of the ones that I've visited. Or, what ones there are, too. Ahem... I'm being told right now by a friend that I only lack the dinosaur museum, and the other things I imagine as "museums" are merely "exhibits." I still wanna see 'em, though.
  • Watch a bunch of specific movies, the naming of which I will spare you ....ummm well wow, Heidi. You're so specific.
  • Visit the fully completed Cannon Center ...but I still need to eat there now that it's all done. Yeah, I ate in the new part of the Cannon Center my whole freshman year, but it's gotta be a little different with a nice new wing attached and no construction around it.
  • Play Badminton
  • Go on a road trip with friends...California, baby! And in just a few weeks I'll do it again to Arizona. Hurrah!
  • Play the cello
  • Play the French horn
  • Go to a concert (and not just a band or orchestra one :D)
  • Get a tattoo.... HAHA. Just kidding! That's rill rill dumb. And ugly. And gross. And I really don't see why that is on some people's "life list." Okay, this whole thing is green because it's obviously ridiculous.
  • Bungee Jump or Sky Dive
  • Go to the East Coast and visit places like New York, Washington D.C., Boston, North Carolina, etc. I've heard so many great things about these places, but I don't remember it at all from the time we went when I was young!
  • Go on a mission.....well I've visited my Mom's. Does that count?
  • Meet the President (of either the Church or the United States, but more so the first)
  • Get a pedicure
  • Go through the temple......I've learned in my Temples class that this is not a great way to phrase what I mean. What I should really say is "Receive my endowment." I still need to do that!
  • Get an iPod
  • Decide on a major... and boy, do I love it
  • Eat Greek food
  • Make a slide show of cool pictures
  • Take a photography class
  • Build a house with Habitat for Humanity
  • Write a song
  • Read classic novels....again with the vagueness.
  • Go to Hawaii
  • Run at least three 5Ks within a year period.....well if I'm counting this year, I'm a third of the way done with this one. Gotta get busy in the next little while, I guess.
  • Shovel snow
  • Buy delicious smelling hand soap at Bath and Body Works
  • Make a movie...like one that's better than a silly FHE-type one.
  • Dance with a boy whom I love....and I guess I love different boys in different ways, so maybe I've actually done this one.
  • Go ice blocking
  • Go to every temple in Utah
  • Eat at In-N-Out
  • Memorize a piano song that is harder than the level I was at in Second Grade
  • Visit every state
  • Try an unfamiliar kind of cheese
  • Buy a pair of boots
  • Stay up all night
  • Swim in the Great Salt Lake
  • Hike up to the "Y" on the mountain
  • Complete a scrapbook
  • Get in a real, lengthy snowball fight
  • Get a 4.0 GPA...and proud of it!!! Which, I had also technically gotten when I wrote this originally, but I wanted to do it in a semester here at BYU. Now I can say I've been there, done that. BOOM.
  • Hear a Big Band (well, I don't know if that's what it's called, but like the one from the "The Great Mom Swap") live
  • Watch a sunrise and a sunset -- uninterrupted and viewed from a place away from most other people
  • Celebrate a Christmas with a live tree
  • Plant a tree
  • Eat an eggplant
  • Go tubing or waterskiing.....I did the tubing, not the waterskiing. Clearly, by the colors.
  • Participate in a Helping Hands project (the yellow LDS t-shirts, ya know?)
  • Shovel snow..... how embarrassing. This one's on here twice. Guess I should get busy!
  • Go sledding
  • Attend a session of General Conference in the Conference Center.....now I need to do it not on standby
  • See a Music and the Spoken Word production live
  • Watch a show on Broadway (or traveling Broadway)
And now, adding to my list:
  • Go to a Christmas with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra concert/performance, preferably with a cool guest performer
  • Read The DaVinci Code, Tuesdays with Morrie, and other selected books (I'm currently making another list of things to do this summer, and I assure you these things are on it.)
Now, wasn't that fun? I guess I've done a few cool things in the last year or so; it looks as if I have a decent amount of "reds." What do you want to do with your life?

4 comments:

  1. I liked your post, too. Was there an original list somewhere that I never read? Sounds like a fun thing . ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. Come buy our iPod, I'll come eat lunch wif you at the Pendulum Cafe, and don't break your neck either bungee jumping and/or sky diving. Heart, Me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read the DaVinci Code, and one and a half other books by Dan Brown. They are good!

    ReplyDelete