Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mission Call Openage

Mom finally got to open her mission call after more than a month of waiting for it to come. Yay!


Some of my favorite parts of the video are:
  • How Mom keeps looking over at me while she's opening the envelope to make sure she's doing it right. After looking at videos of my friends opening their calls, I trained Mom in the proper way to open her call so that she wouldn't accidentally look ahead.
  • The giddy smile Mom gives after she says, "I'm pulling it out of the envelope."
  • How Mom can't even start reading the letter without bursting into tears.
  • How, because you can't see Amanda on the video, the box of Kleenex just mysteriously slides over closer to Mom.
  • How Mom got so excited that she's going to Sister Stout's mission (when in reality, it's not even Sister Stout's mission. It is Whitney's mission, but that part of the realization was not caught on film.)
  • The reaction of everyone after Mom says her report date.
  • When Mom says, "You guys all know what the rest of this says."
Congratulations, Mom! You will be a wonderful missionary, and I'm so glad you are willing to dedicate 18 months of your life to the Lord's work. I'm proud to call you my mommie, and I'm really excited for you!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Heidi, for making sure this was recorded for future watching. Thanks for the cute comments about the "openage." And thanks for your faith in me as a missionary.

    ReplyDelete