Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

100th Post, Continued

1. According to The Best Baby Name Book in the Whole Wide World, Heidi is “a short form of the German name, Adalheid. See also Adelaide.”
2. I usually have to fall asleep in the same position.
3. I love to watch certain sports (especially college sports).
4. It kind of bothers me when I leave the computer (knowing I won’t be back for a while) and leave something minimized on the bottom of the screen. If I do leave something minimized, it’s a sure sign that I didn’t want to forget to do whatever that something is.
5. I hate to vacuum, but I love the carpet after it’s vacuumed.
6. Cleaning the bathroom doesn’t really bother me too much.
7. When I’m tired or grumpy, I mumble or mutter when I talk. If somebody points out that I’m mumbling, it just makes me more grumpy so I mumble some more. I don’t like this about me.
8. I pride myself on the fact that I’ve never seen (at least in my memory) all of “Bambi.” I don’t really ever want to see it, either.
9. I hardly ever remember what I dream (but strangely, I’ve had quite a good memory for my dreams from this past week).
10. I often play the piano when I’m stressed or bored.
11. I love to read, but sometimes I have a hard time convincing myself to read a book that I haven’t read before because I know how good the previously-read books are.
12. My stress level is proportionate to the amount of snacks I eat.
13. The early morning and late evening (sunset) are some of my favorite times of the day.
14. Whenever I eat popcorn, I eat a lot of it. I also eat it really quickly, because I can’t ever seem to stop myself from shoveling it in.
15. Plain M&Ms used to be my favorite, but now I think I like Plain and Peanut equally.
16. Spinach is quite tasty, in my opinion. Chard is also delicious.
17. Often I wish I could just break into fancy ice skating or flipping without having to learn how.
18. I actually usually enjoy doing the dishes, but only if I do them right after I eat without putting it off.
19. When I play music, sight-reading is usually what I most enjoy about it. I often never sit down and work on perfecting a piece unless it’s really cool or I am planning on performing it. In other words, I’m really okay with having a few wrong notes every once in a while.
20. I currently have a movie on pause, and I think I’m going to go continue watching it. It’s “The Greatest Game Ever Played,” and I think it’s a pretty good movie. I’ll have to come up with 80 more things later, but to you readers it will seem as if no time has passed. :)
21. I often look down to find myself standing with one foot flat and the other (usually my right) tilted (as in, I stand on the side part of my foot). I hate it when I catch myself doing this, not because it’s uncomfortable, but because I’m sure it makes me look silly. When I look through pictures of me (especially when I’m younger) I’m doing this same stance, and it just looks dumb. Mom can tell ya.
22. I really want to go to the East Coast and do a bunch of sightseeing some time. I know the family went on vacation there, but I was 3 or 4 so I don’t remember it.
23. I also want to go to Chicago sometime in my life.
24. I sleep with the lights on quite often. Basically I’m too lazy to turn them off, and I can easily sleep through them being on. I should get out of that habit.
25. Because of #24, I sometimes wish I had those lights that clap on and off.
26. Other than the aforementioned bedroom lights, I usually turn off the lights when I leave the room or when I pass by a room with the lights unnecessarily on.
27. I like sleeping with the door closed.
28. More often than not I keep my clothes hung up in rainbow order.
29. I hate folding any pants or skirts to keep in drawers. I’d much rather hang all those up and fold any shirts that consequently don’t have room to hang.
30. I don’t recall ever eating eggplant.
31. When my shirts are hung up, I usually make sure they all face the same direction.
32. When I shower I do everything in the same order. Do you do it too, or is that not normal? I’ve always wondered what other people do when they shower (and I say that in an uncreepy way).
33. I sleep with a teddy bear named Sarah. I’ve had her since birth, and it’s just a habit that I have that makes my body positioned more comfortably to drift off to sleep.
34. Referring back to number 1, my name means “noble; kind.”
35. My family has many nicknames for me. Some of them are: Hilda, Babs, Hildarump (or shortened to Rump), Honda, etc.
36. I have a cowlick (or a “tuft of hair that grows in a direction different from that of the rest of the hair”) in the front of my hair, right by my forehead. Hence, I usually try to part my hair there so it doesn’t look too bad. I’m not always successful, but it’s worth the try.
37. When I first read the Harry Potter books, I pronounced Draco Malfoy’s first name with a short “a” instead of a long one. I was little, okay?
38. I find digital cameras to be great things that help me throw away something that might have otherwise have been difficult to toss because of sentimental reasons.
39. I’ve never broken a bone, and I hope it stays that way.
40. The Personal Progress program never changed while I was in Young Women. It did, however, change right before I entered (new book and added line to theme) and right after I left (new value added).
41. I love to watch the Olympics!
42. Some day I might want to try skiing just to see what all the fuss about it is, but that’s a very questionable “might.”
43. Roller coasters are joyous in my eyes.
44. For a short period in my life, I wanted to be a photographer. Then I realized I had no photography talent to speak of.
45. If a dish contains Cool Whip, I’ll probably like it.
46. I kind of collect postcards. That is, I have a big collection of them. I don’t particularly actively pursue this collection, though.
47. I usually try to keep mints or gum in my purse.
48. I’m not that fond of carrying a purse. Thus, number 47 doesn’t do me much good.
49. I usually carry a purse because I’m driving and don’t want to have to hold my wallet by itself.
50. I’m finally halfway done!
51. I think I top the kids in my family for being at one school for the most consecutive years; I went to Quannah Parker Elementary for 7 years (K-6).
52. Blog comments quite frequently make my day. I highly suggest leaving some.
53. I love it when I can make other people light up and laugh.
54. Sometime in my college career I want to go on a road trip with friends.
55. My secret ambition is... well, secret. Haha. I don’t really know of a secret ambition that I have.
56. I’m considering going on a mission, but I think I’ve kind of been considering it all my life. We’ll see.
57. My kind parents got permission to put me in public school a year earlier than they technically should have (my birthday is 2 days past the deadline). I’m so very glad they did.
58. When I read in a book about a certain number of people, I have to count out the people in my head. For example, the other day when I read about dinner for eleven people in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, I had to stop and mentally go through all the Weasleys, Hermione, and Harry before I was satisfied. I don’t really know why I do this, because I’m sure the author will always put the right number.
59. The first song I ever downloaded from iTunes was “How to Save a Life” by The Fray. It was for a school project. Since then, I’ve been too cheap to download any others, but I’m sure the day will come that I will.
60. My toothpaste of choice is Crest Whitening with Scope.
61. My shampoo and conditioner of choice is Pantene Pro-V.
62. I’m often told that my hair is very soft. I think it’s a genetic thing because all of my sisters have the same type of hair.
63. My nickname Hilda means “woman warrior.” Cool.
64. Crystal Light is usually chosen before Kool-Aid when I’m mixing the drink.
65. Currently I think my favorite band is Secondhand Serenade.
66. I discovered the other night that my purple dry erase marker doesn’t work. (Sorry for the bad news about our markers, Rebecca. =) ).
67. I’ve never been the one driving when I’ve gone through a car wash.
68. I took the ACT twice and went up one point the second time.
69. Sometimes I think about what my future children will say to me. “Mom you were born in the 1990s?! You remember September 11th?! You’re old!”
70. I learned how to spell “ophthalmologist” when I studied for the spelling bee in third grade.
71. I misspelled “discussion” (who knew it had three “s”s?) and got out in the first round of the Spelling Bee. I was never in a Spelling Bee again.
72. I lack only two 2008 quarters out of my state quarters collection.
73. I never know what to put when people tell me to write down something interesting and unique about me. Even the things that I have done that are different from other peers are not unique in my family of over-achieving siblings that I had to follow. :)
74. I’ve always wanted to go to Brigham Young University. I’m glad I get to go there.
75. I dress my feet sock, sock, shoe, shoe, with the left first.
76. Sometime in my life I think it would be fun to be in a play.
77. Until I get married (unless I marry someone with just the right last name) when I type my full name on the keyboard with the appropriate fingers, I alternate between my right and left hands. Try it: Heidi Blake. Cool, eh?
78. The numbers “10134" spell my name upside down on a regular scientific calculator.
79. Usually I’d prefer to be too cold than too hot. You can always add layers, but you can’t keep taking them off.
80. I miss the television shows “Boy Meets World” and “Even Stevens.”
81. I don’t have any memories of watching any sort of cartoon, “Sesame Street,” or “The Muppets” religiously when I was young. This appalls many of my friends.
82. This list gets harder and harder to write.
83. Today I got to thinking and I wondered why Girl Scout cookies are only sold once a year. Why not year-long?!
84. I think it would be cool for me to write a fictional book sometime. Problem is, I don’t have the time or enough creative juices to come up with a plot that’s not something I’ve already read.
85. When I hand-write my journal, I always write my name at the end of an entry. I’m not sure why; I just do.
86. Upon looking down at the shirt I’m wearing (from junior high–a grungy shirt I could wear to work outside today), I just discovered that the first initials of the schools I went to spell a word. Parker, Alamo, Lee. PAL. (Can you tell I'm running out of ideas?)
87. I’m the vice president of the DDB Club. Don’t Drink Beer! (UH!)
88. I’ve never seen a complete 007 movie. I really want to eventually.
89. Plain chapstick disgusts me. I’m a fan of either the medicated chapstick or the lip moisturizer chapstick.
90. I know the words to my high school Alma Mater and my college Fight Song. However, I don’t know the words to my high school Fight Song or my college Alma Mater. (I’m not even sure I know what the BYU Alma Mater sounds like).
91. I know the Texas State Pledge. Yes, there is one, and yes, I it was the law to recite it along with the United States Pledge every morning when I was in high school. “Honor the Texas Flag, I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible.”
92. My bar soap of choice is Dove.
93. Breakfast is quite possibly my favorite meal of the day. However, I pretty much always like to eat.
94. I’m not fond of the smell of fish or the sauce that’s in pot pies. I feel nauseated when I smell these things, in fact.
95. Though I believe it’s good not to judge a book by its cover, I often do.
96. Bees and loudly buzzing flies scare me beyond belief.
97. If I had a supply of good ones, I really probably could eat an apple a day.
98. I think the Michelin tire guy is pretty cute, but the Pillsbury Doughboy tops all.
99. I constantly struggle to get to bed early and wake up early. I feel much better when I actually do this, but sadly I hardly ever do.
100. When I’ve been out in the hot sun for a few too many hours I usually have a pounding headache for a few hours later in the day.
That face shows my excitement for finally being done! I hope that you all have enjoyed learning more about yours truly.
p.s. I never did get 100 comments on my actual 100th post. I got a mere 50. Just think about how happy I'd be if I got 50 comments on this post so that the two halves could add up to 100! haha... but honestly, don't comment unless you really want to.

86 comments:

  1. 1. I understand that you like your name. I'm glad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5. I'd much rather vacuum than clean bathrooms -- will you permanently come to my home on cleaning days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8. I remember when you cried during "The Lion King," so you probably would have cried during the fire scene of "Bambi" had you seen that when you were little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 19. I wish I could sight-read music on the piano! I, too, like my clothes to hang facing the same direction -- to the left.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 45. Cool Whip is awesome and makes any dish great (unless it has coconut in it).

    ReplyDelete
  6. 70. I remember when you learned how to spell ophthalmalogist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 77. That's cool how you type your name with every other hand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 96. Could it be because you got stung by a wasp when you were small?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 98. You have also made me a huge fan of the Pillsbury Dough Boy because you pointed out his many cute poses and his cute giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. I would much rather vacuum the carpet than clean the bathroom, although the bathroom sure beats cleaning the kitchen, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2. Is your stress level directly proportionate or inversely proportionate to the number of snacks you eat?

    ReplyDelete
  12. 3. Plain M&Ms will never be as good as peanut M&Ms. Don’t fight the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 4. “The Greatest Game Ever Played” is indeed a good movie, and I don’t even like golf.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 5. You did the sideways foot stance in our instrument picture with your bassoon; I’m looking at it right now. It was your right foot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 6. Do you remember the episode of Boy Meets World where Shawn couldn’t fall asleep with the lights off? He dozed off and Cory finally turned them off and Shawn awoke with a start.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 7. That’s why I don’t fold my pants. I hang them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. 8. My shirts always face with the front to the left.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 9. I always wash me and then my hair in the shower.

    ReplyDelete
  19. 10. Remember when Rebecca or somebody pronounced Severus as SEVERE-us? Or was that you? Don’t get mad at me if it was.

    ReplyDelete
  20. 11. I didn’t understand number 38.

    ReplyDelete
  21. 12. If I die without skiing, that would be fine with me. If I did ski, I’d prolly die, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  22. 13. Have you had eggplant with cool-whip?

    ReplyDelete
  23. 14. When you say you try to keep mints in your purse, does that mean that they have a habit of escaping? Or do you mean that that’s where you always try to put them?

    ReplyDelete
  24. 16. You can’t drink beer if you go on a mission.

    ReplyDelete
  25. 17. I believe number 58 is cold OCD; don’t worry – I’ve learned from Whitney and her mom that mostly everybody has some compulsive behavior to some degree. I do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. 18. I have soft hair, too, apparently. Remember when Rebecca’s friend petted my head while I was asleep? Weirdo.

    ReplyDelete
  27. 20. I do sock, sock, shoe, shoe, too, although neither foot has to always be first. I don’t like the feeling of having one feet completely dressed for the day and the other one completely naked. Sock, sock, shoe, shoe is a good remedy to counter that.

    ReplyDelete
  28. 21. “Spencer Blake” has alternating fingers on the keyboard except for the “er.” Let’s not even talk about “Jared.”

    ReplyDelete
  29. 22. “Sesame Street” and “Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood” were my shows of choice.

    ReplyDelete
  30. 23. My schools spell PGEMBPALBYUMTCBYUKSL. No really. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  31. 24. Proudly, I am the President and only other member (ever) of the DDB Club. By the way, we have a meeting in July. Be there. There’ll be champagne.

    ReplyDelete
  32. On my note #17 I meant to say "called OCD," not "cold OCD." But if I try to delete it and fix it, everything will be out of order.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Just FYI for those of you who can't figure out how many posts you have written. Go to the Edit Posts tab under the Posting tab. On the right hand side at the top of the section where your posts are listed it says how many posts you have written. Right now mine says that it's showing "1-100 of 168 posts." That's how you know. And it does count posts that haven't been published yet.

    ReplyDelete
  34. 96. Yeah probably, Mom. I'm really terrified of them.

    ReplyDelete
  35. 98. Mom, I'm glad to have convinced you to join the Pillsbury Doughboy fan club!

    ReplyDelete
  36. 2. My stress level is directly proportionate to the amount of snacks I eat. When my stress level goes up, the amount of snacks I eat goes up.

    ReplyDelete
  37. 3. I ain't fightin' the truth. They're equally tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  38. 5. See what I mean about the darn foot? It just doesn't want to cooperate and be normal.

    ReplyDelete
  39. 6. Haha! Yes, Spencer, I do remember that episode!

    ReplyDelete
  40. 9. Hey, that's what I do in the shower, too!

    ReplyDelete
  41. 10. I don't remember that, but it probably WAS me. I never could pronounce the names in HP. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  42. 11. In #38 I was just trying to say that when I have something that I'm not sure about keeping or throwing away, I often just take a picture of it (so I can remember it) and then throw it away. Saves space that way. It makes me glad to have a digital camera, because I probably wouldn't do that with a regular camera (and would thus probably have a bunch of unnecessary junk).

    ReplyDelete
  43. 13. Can't say that I've ever tried that combo, but the other day when Mom and I were going to the store I half-heartedly tried to convince her that we should buy eggplant. And we DO have some cool whip at home...

    ReplyDelete
  44. 14. That's where I try to put my mints.

    ReplyDelete
  45. 17. Yeah, I guess that is my OCD showing. Last night at sibchat Lisa, Michelle, and I discussed putting clothes in rainbow order and DVDs in alphabetical order. I'm the only one who does both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. 18. She petted your head while you were asleep?! No, I definitely don't remember that. Odd.

    ReplyDelete
  47. 23. Took me a while, but once I got it I lolled.

    ReplyDelete
  48. 24. I'll plan my schedule accordingly. You gotta bring the champagne though, because "I can't have any. I'm too young." (10 pts.)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Lisa, thanks for the help explainin' that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. So, Spencer's numbers numbered his comments, but my numbers will correspond to Heidi's numbers. Easier to refer back to them and see the connection that way....

    ReplyDelete
  51. 4. I also leave something minimized to let me know to come back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  52. 5./6. I'd rather vacuum than clean the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  53. 16. spinach is only good raw. chard is gross.

    ReplyDelete
  54. 30. eggplant is good - especially fried. i think my mission was the first time i had it.

    ReplyDelete
  55. 32. i wash me, and then my hair. if i shave, i do that before the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  56. 49.i'd rather have just a wallet than an entire purse (especially if i have pockets i can put the wallet in - my wallet is small)

    ReplyDelete
  57. 67. i don't do well driving into car washes. i don't get the tire lined up properly on the automated moving carwashes.

    ReplyDelete
  58. 3. Me, too, but it's limited to BYU football, really. Or just a really good football game.

    ReplyDelete
  59. 5. I don't mind vacuuming, but I'm usually too lazy to do it. I do love the carpet after it's vacuumed though . ..it's like cleaning the counters. It automatically cleans up the space without much work.

    ReplyDelete
  60. 14. My friend Kevin and I discussed (your favorite spelling bee word!) our popcorn habits once. We're of the opinion that it's not very tasty, but if it's in front of us, we'll eat it. Meanwhile, we keep saying in our heads "Why am I eating this? It's gross."

    ReplyDelete
  61. 22. I. love. the. east. coast. =)

    ReplyDelete
  62. 27. I agree. Prolly because we shared a room for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  63. 28. My clothes aren't in rainbow order, but I do have a specific place for certain types of clothing (casual, dressy, Church, etc.). Kevin and I also organize our closets the same way. Of all the OCD habits to have in common . . .weird.

    ReplyDelete
  64. 29. I agree. I much prefer closets over dwarers.

    ReplyDelete
  65. 30. I ate some eggplant in Japan. And Korea. It was actually quite tasty if it's cooked well.

    ReplyDelete
  66. 31 and 32. Same. We must be related or sum'm

    ReplyDelete
  67. 43 and 45 are dear to my heart. Love those things!!

    ReplyDelete
  68. 53. Well said.
    54. Me, too. Does three years at a Vegas bowl game count? Prolly. =)

    ReplyDelete
  69. I'm gonna wait to comment on the rest. It's 1 am. Later hater!

    ReplyDelete
  70. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN ALL OF BAMBI.
    Sorry that was in all caps, but I had to register my astonishment. Why did we never have this discussion?!
    p.s. this post was hilarious. I miss you, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete