
Sometimes I feel like these commercials were made for me. For two weeks now I've been trying to get rid of my Cannon Center weight gain. All-you-can-eat every day did not work well with me.
Don't worry; I'm not one of those "Oh-no-I-ate-a-pea-I'm-gonna-gain-5-pounds" people. It's not like I "blew up like my Aunt Roberta." Nor did I even gain the whole Freshman 15, but I've made it my summer goal to be healthier.
Some days I just really want to eat every delicious food I see.
Most days I feel like Fast Sunday has come early.
Often I snack on celery and carrot sticks, and let me tell you, they get old.
Quite frequently, I get tired of having self-control.
However, I'm learning to conquer the Hungry Monster.
Most days I feel like Fast Sunday has come early.
Often I snack on celery and carrot sticks, and let me tell you, they get old.
Quite frequently, I get tired of having self-control.
However, I'm learning to conquer the Hungry Monster.
Now I eat slower so that I can notice as soon as I'm full. Then I quit eating. It's amazing how the human body works, ain't it? Now I really enjoy desserts when I have them, because absence makes the heart (and stomach) grow fonder! Now I don't run to the pantry to grab something to eat during commercial breaks. Basically, say goodbye, Mr. Little Orange Guy. I'm not letting the Hungry Monster get to me. I'm too tough for that.
p.s. I'm learning to admire anybody who has ever actually stuck to a diet long enough for it to make a difference.
Good job hilda. One of my favorite snacks is freezing a serving size of pudding with a stick. Or frozen grapes...I love them things. Another good one is half of a whole wheat english muffin with a bit o jam on it. Air popped popcorn with a bit of baking spray is good too.
ReplyDeleteGood for you, Heidi! I'm sure I'll be joining you on the quest to lose weight soon!
ReplyDeleteOh dear. I'm afraid those ads make me flip out. Every time I see that orange monster guy, I scream out loud and change the channel.
ReplyDeleteAh, the Cannon ...I'm still trying to get rid of that weight as well.
Heidi has been a good influence on me and I'm trying to follow her example. She is the one who does the point counting (I'm not in the mood to do that because I did it for all that time back when we were doing it religiously before), and then generally, I try to eat what she eats.
ReplyDelete