Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2008

It Looked like Spilt Milk

I don't know how many of you remember this, or even knew it to begin with, but Rebecca had a book when we were younger called It Looked Like Spilt Milk. The book is about how clouds can look like many different shapes, animals, and even spilt milk.



Well, I couldn't help but think of this book this week.



One day when I came home from classes, Jenessa said in a kind of hesitant voice, "Uh, Heidi...There's something wrong with your milk."

"Oh great. It already went bad and I had a lot left," I thought. "This stinks!"

Then I opened the fridge.



Here's my innocent looking milk:















And here's the problem!!




















Apparently this particular container of milk leaks. Also, I guess our fridge is a little too cold for plain ole' milk exposed to the elements. It created a nice little stalagmite, though!

Luckily, the milk was still fine and the expiration date had not come yet.

I had to scrape this off the bottom of the fridge. Once it came off, I treated myself to a nice milk popcicle!! Yummie!




Just kidding. I threw it away promptly. All I know is that this case of spilt milk certainly did NOT look like your usual spilt milk.

7 comments:

  1. a. I loved that book!
    b. that's foul
    c. you should've eaten it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your last two posts. That's the kind of stuff that makes blogs fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! That's funny. And, I enjoy the book also. I've used it with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. Yes, I remember the book --fun book. You are funny. Your sense of humor and cute pictures are hilarious. I can tell that you know how to use your camera. It's time I try to remember how to post with pictures again. After all, as Lisa says, that's what makes blogs fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was the most awesomest post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've told several people about this post and they all got a real kick out of your milk stalagmite and milk popsicle. You're cute!

    ReplyDelete