After struggling to teach Mom how to take a picture and delete a picture (I'm not even sure if she remembers how to do that), she took her memory card to Wal-Mart to print some pictures. Various circumstances made it impossible for me to help her fix the problem when many of her pictures came back from Wal-Mart looking terrible.
For instance:
- I didn't know what was wrong in the first place
- She wanted to remove red eye and I didn't know how
- I'm not nearly patient enough to deal with someone who (no offense, Mom) just isn't the quickest on a computer
- etc.
So, Mom kept taking more pictures, but never printing them. Until....
Sweet little Jennifer decides to spend the whole day yesterday helping Mom figure out the computer. I don't just say the whole day as a joke, either. Literally every free minute Jen had, she and Mom were at the computer. I couldn't even check my email for the whole day since they were being such computer hogs! ;-) (It wasn't too big of a deal...)
Good news is, I think Mom might be able to finally get something done that has been hanging over her head. She came to me today and said, "I'm so excited to get my pictures back, Heidi! I've been wanting to label them for months, and I'll finally be able to!" She looked like a little kid on Christmas morning.
So, in conclusion, thanks to Jennifer for doing the job that I didn't have the knowledge or patience to do. And here's to hoping Mom remembers what to do now that she's by herself! Love you, Mom!
p.s. Michelle, here's a picture Mom had on her camera that I didn't know about. Here's a view of the "Daughter of God" board I got that I promised you a picture of.
Yes, thanks to Jennifer for spending so much time with me at the computer to work on my pictures. I really hope I will be able to order pictures by myself when I live alone. Heidi, thanks for not telling some of the really funny mistakes I made before ;-).
ReplyDeleteOh, but Mom, that doesn't mean I won't!....
ReplyDeleteI'm still trying to figure some of that stuff out, too...but I think I can prlly manage it better than Mom could by herself.
ReplyDeleteOne day our kids are going to have to tell us about technology. Have a bit of compassion on mom...but not too much.
ReplyDeleteI have a hard time with some things to, but I can make out the simple functions then I have to look up for anything else that I need.
ReplyDeleteLisa is right Mom is from a different generation, which didn't have all the technology that we have today. I know that my Dad has a hard time just checking his e-mails
so is Mom going to post some of those photos online now? Are you going to help her set up a blog?
ReplyDeleteI like the updated music, Heidi! Thanks for putting the picture up for me - I better get all those good YW ideas before you go off to college and RS!
ReplyDelete