Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Girl Scouts


As I've been cleaning through some of the things in my room, I've been taking a few trips down memory lane. Last night I had this experience as I found my Girl Scout things from when I was in 1st and 2nd grade.


One of the things was a book I made about me. After the blank of who I was named after, I had put "Heidi Widmin." How funny! Mom and I also found it interesting that my pet's name was the same as my favorite food at the time (Popcorn). My favorite song was apparently "Drink swer stil and lie" ("Drink, Swear, Steal, and Lie"... I think by George Strait). Oh, the mind of a 7-year old!


I also found an old cookie order sheet from the year that Rebecca and I were both Brownies. We sold a lot of cookies! I miss having girls come to our house to sell, even if the boxes are expensive. The space where we had ordered cookies only said 3 boxes. All of us were surprised, but we discussed the possibility of that being the year everyone was on Weight Watcher's. I found another form (maybe the next year?) that said 11 boxes next to the "Blake" name. That's more like it!


4 comments:

  1. I too miss getting girl scout cookies. They're real goot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are 2 girls at Sylvan who are in Girl Scouts, and we have already instructed them to bring the order form when it's time to sell. Nothing beats those Samoas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorthing through things shows why it is important to save some of the things from your childhood. Think how much fun your children would have seeing a few of the things you did as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the girls scout cookies! Remember selling them on Woodhaven in the rain all bundled up in jackets and we were stepping through puddles to get from door to door? Oh, the memories! =)

    ReplyDelete