Today I think I witnessed a couple holding hands for the first time. It was slightly awkward because A) he was pushing a bike along with the other hand, B) the grip looked pretty uncomfortable and their hands were probably sweaty from being outside in the heat, and C) after I passed them, I discretely looked back probably 5 seconds later only to see him riding his bike slowly along next to her (NEVER a good thing.... please don't do it next to me) and their hands not touching each other at all.
However, something about the way they momentarily stopped their conversation and grinned at each other was pretty touching. Their nervous yet bright eyes told the tale of what could come. The awkwardness of the moment was quite endearing.
I giggled quietly to myself for the next few minutes, pleased that I had participated as a bystander in such a happy moment.
Life is good--even if I wasn't the one doing the hand holdage--and haven't been for a while. :) Moments like this make regular days turn into great days.
Awesome. That's why I love BYU.
ReplyDeleteYeah, Lees, remember when you and Eric first held hands and all of your wonderful pre-pubescent younger sisters made a big deal out of it? Haha . . .
ReplyDelete