Rebecca and I have taken a few classes together throughout our time here at BYU--Physical Science, SFL 210 (Human Dev), and most recently TELL 400.
Sidenote:
Hollah that we completely finished TELL this past Wednesday night!
We sometimes get silly when we are in class together. One or the other of us sometimes falls asleep. Sometimes we compare grades and don't like the results. Sometimes we do our homework at the same time. Point of the story is, overall it's pretty fun to have an automatic goofy partner in your class.
Well once upon a time in our TELL class we were talking about the culture of poverty and the ways that people in poverty live. We need to be aware of these things as future teachers, afterall. Well, I got tired of writing "people in poverty" over and over again in my notes, but for the life of me I couldn't think of the adjective form of the word to shorten things. (Which I later recalled being "impoverished.") I leaned over and wrote on our customary message paper (a guaranteed way of getting through class silently entertained), only to get a silly response from the sis.
She further helped me along by drawing a picture to illustrate the concept:
Hilarious.
But she can't spell. Intentional though her misspelling was, I tried to create my own drawing of her explanation. She apparently thought I couldn't draw and added more misspelled criticism and another, skinnier picture:

Those poor, starving Peeps. What is this world coming to?
p.s. They don't even have arms! Maybe they had "sever confusion" in the Peep factory.
YESSS!! I had no idea that's why you drew that weird 'pore' peep in the first place! Now I totally get it! Man, I'm gonna miss taking classes with you . ..my automatic goofy buddy.
ReplyDeletep.s. after the 5th reading through of this blog post, I'm pretty much laughing just as hard as I was when it actually happened. We're just rill funny!!
ReplyDelete