Then, before we went home for much-needed breakfast and naps, we stopped to see the world's biggest paper cup! Although it is not really paper, we saw this giant "cup" outside of what used to be a Dixie factory. We did the fun tourist thing....
Later that day we went to the Redlands Temple where I did baptisms (in the most awkward baptism experience I've ever had... long story) and Mom and Jen did initiatories. Temples are so pretty, and this one was especially fun to see because it looks so much like the Lubbock Temple that I grew up going to. (Haha.. Oops! I'm looking at the picture and noticing that I accidentally cut off Moroni's head a bit.)
That night we went shopping for clothes for Mom. Missionaries get tired of wearing the same clothes all the time, ya know? Jennifer and I had a lot of fun being the "runners" going out to grab more clothes while Mom stayed planted in the dressing room and tried on what we told her to try. However, by the end of the evening, we were all hungry and ready to leave! Mom started just throwing the garment and hanger over the door in an attempt to save time so she could just focus on changing and Jen and I could hang up the clothes. See the pile? Haha.
We finally got to eat, and Mom treated us to a meal at El Torito, a favorite Mexican food restaurant of hers.
Aren't you supposed to treat the MISSIONARY?
ReplyDeleteDude! You're young if you grew up going to Lubbock. I went to Dallas. Lubbock (temple, that is) wasn't even built until after I left home!
ReplyDeleteUh, yeah, Gin. Remember how I was born in the 90s? And how there are 3 siblings between us? And how you're 8.5 years older than I? :)
ReplyDeleteAnd, psh. No. Not when the missionary loves us and volunteers to pay! haha.
Prophet decapitator.
ReplyDelete