Then we took pictures of a giant tree that was right in the middle of the road. Mom discovered it once upon a time, and she liked it enough that she wanted to take pictures. Unfortunately, the lighting wasn't the best at the time, and when she tried coming back she couldn't find it. The night before this, one of our activities was driving around for a bit until we found it again! Unfortunately the lighting wasn't good again, so we remembered the intersection and came back this day when it was still daylight.
We next went to the Hampton House, a very old house that was available for tours.... September through June. Because we couldn't get in, we just took pictures with the palm trees along the street. (Can you see Mom and me poking out behind the tree?)

Next we went to Mission Inn, a big hotel and fancily decorated place. It was fun looking at all the details of the place. There were trees....
but we finally quit taking pictures of those. Instead, we sat in "President Taft's Chair." I don't know if it was really his, or even if it was really an appropriate size for the guy, but Jen and I had to take pictures sitting in it. How would you like to be remembered more for being fat than for anything cool you did (like, uh, I don't know, being President of the United States??)? Poor guy.
We went back to the Mission Office so Mom could enter in baptismal information for people and get it to Salt Lake by the month's deadline. All of that tree photography did me in, and I was pooped! (Of course, maybe my sleepiness had to do with me still fully recovering from strep throat. See those antibiotics layin' on the table? ... Nah. It was probably all those trees.)
What a fun day we "tree" amigas had. (Bahahaha.)
I took some of those photos, and I particularly like the fact that as soon as Heidi heard the noise my camera makes when the picture is taken, she woke up.
ReplyDeletefun photos!
ReplyDelete