Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Scripture Scouts

I'm grateful for Scripture Scouts! I learned a lot about the basic scripture stories from these wonderful cassette tapes, and I'm pretty sure I owe a lot of my knowledge about the Book of Mormon in particular to those gems. They have catchy little songs that are great to sing, and I loved imagining that I was right there in the tree house with Skyler, Sue, Baby, and Boo. One of my earliest memories involving Scripture Scouts (so early, in fact, that it might be wrong) is when I was really little and spent the night in Lisa's room. I vaguely recall listening to one of the S.S. tapes where it was raining, and we drifted off to sleep with Lisa's Walkman (remember those?!) playing the scriptural tale. Another memory I have is where Rebecca and I (and maybe Spencer too) turned up "Hypocrite Rock" and got out the broom and yardsticks so we could imitate the guitar playing. We stood on the couch in the Family Room and jammed out!

Last night my roommate and I happened to be talking about random things, and somehow Scripture Scouts came up. Guess what?!! She knows 'em, too!! I literally could not stop smiling and laughing in joy at the fact that we can now sing songs from Scripture Scouts together! They not only provided so much entertainment for me when I was younger, but they are still entertaining to me now. In fact, a few years ago we listened to Scripture Scouts on our long drive to Iowa, and we all loved it! Plus, look what I just discovered! My favorite part is the radio.

2 comments:

  1. And, they'll entertain you when you have your own kids, too. They do for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I loved scripture scouts as a young child. My personal favorite was "Rameumptom". And to this day, every time I read Alma 31 I can't help but sing the catchy little tune in my head.

    ReplyDelete