Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

Joyousness

Lately I've been crazy busy. I always feel overwhelmed with the amount of homework I have. I don't know how I'll ever have enough time to do the desperate studying I need to do in order to keep up my test grades, GPA, and scholarship. I've been running on a very little amount of sleep, and I keep forgetting to do my laundry.

BUT,
life has also been a joyous.
I absolutely love the fall.
I love great friends.
I love it when I somehow manage to find time to do fun things.

Here's proof:

This new friend of mine named Angela is just great. I love it when I love my ward.
We (along with others) had an evening up in Provo Canyon where we made a campfire and roasted deliciousness. (I ate way too many s'mores that night.)

Often, one of my best parts of the day is walking home. Usually I'm not in a hurry (like I am when I'm walking to school), and I get to enjoy this lovely view every single day. Glorious.


In fact, walking practically anywhere on BYU campus is just breathtaking. I just about died and went to heaven when I went to the Marriott Center the other day for the kick-off to homecoming week (our "devotional" for the week) and saw this along the way.


When I have lots of time (which I have already mentioned is not nearly often enough), I take the scenic route home and go through the "hidden" walkway near Maeser Hill. I can't express to you how much Fall is my favorite season.


This night my roommates, some friends, and I carved pumpkins. We had lots of fun not only carving the pumpkins, but taking pictures afterward. Now I get a smile every time I come home and see our handiwork proudly displayed on the doorstep.

(p.s. 10 points for who can guess which pumpkin Laurie and I carved. And cheating on facebook isn't very fair...)

I have to keep reminding myself that life is meant to be enjoyed and not just stressed about 24-7. Currently I have a quote on my whiteboard that says, "The next stage of life is always better than the previous one, even if it takes you a while to realize it."
(Thanks, Rebecca, for teaching me this in a comment you made a long time ago.)

What current joys are you experiencing?

1 comment:

  1. Dang! That is one gorgeous walk you have back to campus!! I'm jealous. Our route is not quite as scenic, although I do get a real kick out of the duck pond/the ducks that inhabit it.
    As always, thank you, Heidi, for finding joy in the journey and sharing it with others.

    ReplyDelete