Pages

Friday, January 30, 2009

"Save a Life" Day

Today I felt very good about myself because I saved many lives. This morning I braved the very cold weather (in a skirt!) and walked to the temple to do confirmations and baptisms. I realized halfway to the temple that I couldn't really feel my legs. Brr! I do believe this was the first time I actually got to do baptisms in a temple other than the Lubbock Temple! I guess on vacations we just look at the outsides of temples or I babysit the kiddos while people do a session. I have tried to go do baptisms once before here, but I didn't have the time to wait in the long line.





Later I waited for a long time to donate blood. I had an appointment, which means I should have gotten through the line faster. Didn't happen. But, I still gave blood. At first my iron count was .2 below what it needed to be, but on the second finger prick, I was okayed to give blood. The shortbread cookies I got when I was finally done were divine.



I think I like the temple better; I did work for more people, it was faster time for each person (a baptism is seconds long while a unit of blood takes about 10 minutes), and it's not painful at all to get a little wet. Plus the spirit I felt was amazing. However, I'm glad I had the opportunity to do both. Perhaps Dad is teaching those people I got baptized for. Perhaps someone's dad (with cancer or not) lived a little longer because of the blood I donated.



What a good day.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet! What a wonderful way to "give" to others in need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to donate blood this week, but I never had time in between classes, work, and homework.

    PS - the Back to the Future Music on your blog playlist is not by John Williams; I don't know if it was just listed like that on an online database, but he isn't the composer. Prolly not your fault, I know. Alan Silvestri wrote that music.

    ReplyDelete