Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

Collie

I saw in the Daily Universe today that Austin Collie is going to the NFL instead of staying for next year's football season. Spencer, I'm too lazy to research and I don't know that I really would know what to research. Does BYU still have hopes of being a good team without Collie next year?

2 comments:

  1. That's dumb. Collie would do much better finishing off and getting more experience before joining the mean nasty world of the NFL. Silly boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we can still have a good team, yes, but he sure would have helped us. Someone pointed out to me that Collie's numbers are a lot better now than they would be next year because we have a much harder schedule next season(we're playing Oklahoma and Florida State!). Still, I wish he had stayed. Look what happened to Luke Staley when he left after his junior year -- he broke his leg in his first NFL season and is no longer playing.

    I don't wish that upon Collie, but if something like that were to happen, I bet he'd wish he was still at BYU.

    We've still got Max, and we have a returning receiver who just came back from his mission.

    ReplyDelete