Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bike Accident

I had a wee little accident that involved my bike, a hill, and some bushes. I guess I was a little too indecisive yesterday when I started riding down the hill; I started down, then I decided to walk my bike down so that I wouldn't run over someone, should they happen to pass by. Well, apparently that wasn't a smart idea because I was already going too fast. Even though I used my brakes, I still wasn't stopping. So, me being the idiot that I am, I kind of veered off into the bushes next to the sidewalk. When my arm started getting scratched up, I kind of made the choice to 'roll' off my bike. Somehow I must've landed on my left wrist in the process of doing this, because when I finally started walking down with my bike, my wrist was killing me.




A car was passing by right when I fell off, so I made sure to quickly leap back up to retrieve my bike; it's already embarrassing enough that they saw me fall, but I certainly didn't want someone driving by to ask if I was okay. That seems like the type of cruel thing a Utahn would do.



These are some pictures of the damage that was done (although it is really hard to see in the pictures). My arm and hand got scratched up, and I got a little strawberry on my left elbow. Probably the most painful, though, was my left wrist. It's been stiff and painful ever since the 'accident' (Haha Haven't you always wanted to say that? :D). Last night I slept with some ice on it, and today it's been slowly feeling better. I don't think anything too serious happened, but I'll sure be glad to be back to my regular good ole' wrist!



I don't think I'll be riding my bike again any time soon. At least not down any hills, that is.

6 comments:

  1. What hill did this happen on? Was it on campus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about that, Heidi. That's a scary feeling when you know you're out of control on your bike! But I've never taken a spill like that! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How will you get home if you don't go down the hill?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You, know, even though I've seen your elbow boo-boo in person, my first glance at that photo looked like your knee!! I hope you get to feeling better soon. Bike accidents are no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luckily, I've never had a bike accident in front of anyone. Good thing, too, because I'd be the person laughing at the poor soul who fell off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hill right next to Helaman with the HiBGiB on the other side of the street. :) I don't really ride my bike anyway, Em. I mostly just walk places. I think I'll use the bike more when I'm off campus or have places to go. Lisa, I'd probably be laughing, too. In fact, I kind of did chuckle as I was falling off, even though it hurt.

    ReplyDelete