I don't have a valentine. I'll be straight-up honest. But I'm okay with that.
Am I a girl who dreams of a romance and often wonders who that man will be who wins my heart? Yes.
Am I a girl who loves reading cheesy romantic novels and watching romantic comedies? Yes.
Am I the kind of girl who will stay in bed on a Saturday morning and watch "Pride and Prejudice," just because I would rather vicariously fall in love with Mr. Darcy than do homework? Yes. (In fact, you can be sure that my activity this past Saturday was just that.) But those of you who know me know that even though I'm a romantic at heart, I am not a "girlie girl." Indeed, often I pride myself on how un-dramatic and silly I am in situations when other girls would go crazy. Though Valentine's Day is not just a holiday for "girlie girls," the same reasons I'm not a "girlie girl" get me through a day like today where so much emphasis is put on couples. Clearly, when I have another half to my couple, my thoughts will most likely change. However, in my current status, I'll have to agree with one of my friends who said that the thing that bothers her about Valentine's Day is "people who complain about Valentine's Day." Though I'm not terribly bugged (What do I really get terribly bugged at anyway, folks? I'm pretty chill.), I do admit that today was just like any other day. The only difference?
I had a good excuse for eating so much chocolate. Amazing. (And yes, I did buy myself chocolate. You gotta do what you gotta do when you don't have a valentine! :D)
In parting, I'll leave you with some appropriately-themed pictures I took a few years ago. (Here's a shout-out to my good ole home and backyard in Midland!)
Truth be told, I have a valentine and V-Day doesn't mean that much to me either. It's just kind of another day that I may or may not remember to wear a pink shirt or make things into heart shapes. And nope, I didn't make heart shaped cowboy eggs either. It's overrated.
ReplyDelete