Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

General Thoughts

  • Due to an odd set of circumstances, I don't have any classes until next Monday. In other words, I've finished some classes and had other professors cancel a few class meetings. Add this to the fact that I never have class on Tuesdays or Thursdays (for this second half of the semester), and what do you get? Only two more days that I have to attend class this semester (next Monday and Wednesday)! And, even though I do have some classes on Monday, I also have one that was canceled that day. Crazycrazycrazy.
  • I've done a bit of listening to Christmas music when I stop by the library lately. This came about not only because Christmas season naturally increases the amount of time I listen to music, but because I finally remembered to put my headphones in my backpack. I used to always keep them in there, but sometime near the beginning of the semester I took them out and kept forgetting to put them back in. Anyhoo, because I've been signing into Pandora in a public place more often, I've seen other people's station lists. (Many websites automatically sign you out when you leave the site or sign off the computer. Pandora is not one of those websites so if someone forgot to sign out before me, I can still see his/her radio stations.) I'm happy to report that from my small case study, many others are also relishing this wonderful time for Christmas music. However, I've also found some very weird stations. People are interesting.
  • The end of one month and the beginning of the next always seem to be a tidge more stressful. Who decided to make life like that?
  • It is getting awfully cold around here. And yes, it's awful. However, I'm not miserable most of the time and our heater works wonders, so I'll try to be more positive about this particular tidbit.
  • I really want to take a certain section of NDFS 100 next semester. Prayers in my behalf (or that someone will decide to drop that class at that time) would be greatly appreciated. That also brings me to a thought: Would it be better for me to completely drop the class and hope I can add the new time that works in my schedule, or should I continue to hold on to my spot in the class even though it conflicts with the another one of my classes? Wouldn't it just be silly if someone was experiencing my same distress but in reverse? Perhaps me dropping it would really help someone else out. Hmmm...
  • Okay, back to Pandora. (I realize you're probably sick of it...) But seriously, the last 3 or 4 songs that have played on my Taylor Swift Holiday station have been literally some of my very favorite Christmas songs and arrangements of said songs. What joy!
  • I can't quite decide how to use all my free time tonight. Usually I'm in class right now, but my teacher never showed up (and subsequently sent an email explaining his absence). Usually I have a class after this class, but since our concert was last night I no longer have to attend rehearsal. Thus, oodles of free time tonight. I think I'll go home and be even more productive than I am being right now. (Yes, I know you all just love to hear from me, but blog posts don't rank extremely high on my "productivity" list.)
  • Okay, now can you see why I couldn't come up with a title for this post? Really I just wanted to talk to someone and my blog was the first thing available...? Sure. Have a splendid evening!

1 comment:

  1. I put my Christmas music playlist on my blog again this year. I take requests for it!!

    ReplyDelete