Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Decay of Learning Test

On the last day of my Substance Abuse and Addiction (Health 460) class, Dr. Lindsay asked us what we would remember from this class 10 years from now. (Side-note: I will remember loving the class! I'll remember other specific details or visuals that Dr. Lindsay shared with us, too, but I just wanted to make sure that it was known that this was one of my favorite classes of my BYU experience thusfar.) As a fun activity, during the discussion he passed out a little test for us to take. It is called the "Decay of Learning Test." Now as I share it with you, I encourage you to dig up those past tiny details that you once learned and knew sometime throughout your life. Don't cheat by reading other people's comments before you answer, but go ahead and comment with your answers to the test! And don't be cheatin' none by looking up the answers, either. Just try to pull the information directly out of your noggin and see how well you can do. Honestly, I did quite poorly, so don't feel bad if you perform likewise. Plus, I guess you could skip a question or two if you need to. In about a week I will post the correct answers, so make sure you take this quiz before the deadline!

1. Who was president after Teddy Roosevelt?
2. What is the capital of Indonesia?
3. What Phylum does a starfish belong to?
4. Who won the Battle of Hastings?
5. What is the predominant religion in Turkey?
6. What is the 24th Amendment to the Constitution?
7. What is an isosceles triangle?
8. What language is spoken in Kiev?
9. What type of cloud is high and fleecy?
10. Who wrote David Copperfield?
11. When was the Magna Carta signed?
12. What is the periodic table symbol for Gold?
13. Who controls Gibraltar?
14. Which French impressionistic painter did much of his work in Tahiti?
15. What class do whales belong to?
16. What is the largest river in Southeast Asia?
17. What is the next prime number after 11?
18. What is the atomic number of oxygen?
19. What musical period did Bach belong to?
20. Who won the French and Indian wars -- the French or the Indians?

Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. 1. Taft
    2. Jakarta
    5. Islam
    6. Repeal of Prohibition
    7. One that has precisely two sides with equal lengths (a scalene triangle has no equal-length sides, btw)
    8. Russian
    9. cirrus
    12. Au
    15. Mammalia
    17. 13
    18. 8
    20. The French and the Indians were fighting on the same side, not against each other. I don’t know whether or not they won.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 20. Neither. England beat them both.

    ReplyDelete