Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hiking the Y!

One very hot day a few weeks ago, Emily and Jon called and said they were hiking the Y and that I should join them. Having never done this hike before, not being busy, and wanting the points for the Biggest Loser, I agreed to go. We were kind of stupid about picking the hottest part of the day in which to do the hike, but it was a good experience overall. At least I can finally say I've hiked the Y!
Jen, Jon, and Em at the start.

Jen, Jon, and me at the start. I had to get proof that I had been there, too!

Haha. So there's a funny story behind this picture. As we were walking along the trail I was looking around at the beauties of nature surrounding me. Unfortunately that meant that I didn't see this hole along the edge of the path. One moment I was admiring the mountain, and the next moment I was sliding partway down a big hole! Luckily, that tree branch was laying across the hole and stopped my feet from going any further down. Jennifer also had a pretty quick reaction and grabbed my shoulders before more than just my legs could slide off of the path and down the mountain. I scratched up my left elbow pretty badly and even got a little injured on my right palm. Once I finally got up and continued walking along the trail, I couldn't stop laughing for probably 10 minutes! I wish I could have seen myself fall, because I'm sure it was very entertaining!

I had to get the classic view of Provo from the Y. Maybe you can see my house if you look really closely.

Ta-Daa!! Another "life list" goal completed, and only with minor injuries and major laughter.

p.s. Make sure you scroll down and see and comment on all of my new posts! I have been so slow posting things lately that today while I waited for the carpet to dry (carpet cleaners came today) I sat at my computer and got rill busy posting.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on making it to the top - the view is worth it.

    ReplyDelete