Pages

Monday, April 7, 2008

March of Dimes Power Point

So I have an English power point or documentary due soon, and it is supposed to be over the same thing as our research papers were on. The topic for that was researching an organization that can help to make the world a better place. Hence, I picked the March of Dimes. Since we don't have power point at home, I've been working on it during Computer Science (we never do anything) and I've also gone to the ATC (where I have computer science) to work on it after school a few times. I've decided that power point is kinda fun; at least it's a lot better than trying to fight with our free cheap-o version called Open Office. Plus, I've learned some pretty interesting things while doing this project.

Did you know that FDR's polio and help was what started the March of Dimes in the first place? When he died, they decided to honor his great service and philanthropy by putting his face on the U.S. dime. Pretty cool, eh?


2 comments:

  1. Woah, Heidi! Clip art. Not so hard to figure out, is it? Now maybe we can convince the other peeps to do a blog...

    ReplyDelete