I have pictures from lately, but since I'm visiting these guys, I'm not really gonna mess with them right now. Lately I've also gotten behind on responding to and checking my email because my computer is sickly (so sorry if you feel abused or ignored). Often I schedule "Psych" to be recorded on our TV so I can watch the episodes (that I've already seen) later, but sadly I know I won't be able to watch all of them. Frankly, I've just been running out of time to do all these things! Phew, I've just been busy. Mom has been awesome to run so many stinkin' errands with me (and pay for all the junk I need) so I can get everything I need for the mission. We're talking almost every day here, folks. On top of that, the house had to be cleaned, meals had to be planned, people had to be visited and emailed, fun memories had to be made (to store up for a while), and regular spiritual maintenance is a must. Basically the last couple of weeks have more than made up for how lazy I've been for the last few months (and deservedly so). My list of things to do before I leave seems like it should get shorter, but somehow I always have a ton of things to add to the list at the end of the day. Yuck.
Luckily, I'm currently in Idaho visiting the Blakes and having a blast. Vacations really are relaxing, and I'm glad I'm getting one in the midst of all this craziness! Hopefully I can figure everything out when I have to get back to reality!
Let me muse for a bit: Like for instance... that whole "talk before you leave on a mission" thing... Who really has time to prepare a 15-20 minute talk on a hard topic when you have to worry about fitting all of your belongings for the next 18 months in two suitcases, only 50 pounds each?! And who really wants to think about a musical number -- that isn't called for, mind you, if you believe in the Church Handbook at all -- when you have to worry about said talk and a lunch? {At least ask prior to 1 week before said musical number, people. Seriously.} And I guess it's just a learning experience for me to actually be the one leaving in less than a week. I mean, I never really understood what missionaries go through before leaving, but being so bored you could sit for hours changed to suddenly running around like a chicken with its head cut off is not an easy transition, I tell you. And I suppose the return home is even harder in reverse, now that I think about it. Hmmm. What interesting things life teaches.
Well, that talk isn't going to write itself* ... even if its speaker is on vacation until the end of the week.
*Drats.
Hopefully I'll find time to do a more meaningful farewell post before I am set apart as a missionary on Tuesday night!
Yes, the reverse is very true when you get home. So when you get home, reread this post . . .=)
ReplyDelete