Photography. I do believe it is the latest "thing" for my generation. Maybe it's just Utah, maybe it's just college-aged girls, maybe it's all over. I'm not sure, but I do know that I know of many people who have started their own photography shindigs.
Why is this?
I'm not going to lie; most, if not all of the people that I know who have done this actually are very talented. I really enjoy seeing their photos and wishing that I were that good at photography.
However, I am quite positive that I will never take the photography venture myself. First off, if I were to ever attract any business, I would feel like I was scamming my customer since I have had zero photography instruction. Plus, I don't have one of those fancy-schmancy, costs an arm and a leg cameras. Add that to the fact that I'm not interested in trying to start my own business in anything, and you pretty much have a guarantee that I'll never be one of those "invite you to become a fan of my photography on facebook because how else does a college person start a business on the side" people.
Props to those who are willing to make a little money with their skillz, but I'm afraid I'll never join you. I like to think that I have other talents that just aren't or shouldn't be marketed. :)
well, when you have to go home sick and take ten months off from school, what else are you supposed to do? :)
ReplyDeleteHaha, true, Anna. You are one of those people that I was referring to when I said I wished I had some photography talent!! I wish I could have taken you up on your SoCal deal, 'cause that'd mean I'd not only be in California, but I'd also have some darn awesome pictures of me there!
ReplyDeleteoh you are kind... it would have been so fun to play in california!!! mostly, i am obsessed with the ocean and want to make people look pretty next to it :) but it doesn't seem like many people are sharing in my inspiration ha ha.
ReplyDeletebut i do agree with this post... it does seem like new photographers are popping up everywhere! it is something i love... a great way to express my creativity, and it's pretty therapeutic for me. but i hate that i picked such a popular time to get so involved in it... i hate being trendy!
love you, though!