Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Manti Temple Trip

This is belated, but I wanted to tell about it anyway. Plus, I don't have much else I can do while I wait for BYU's webpage to quit being slow so I can register for Fall classes.

On March 6th, I got off work early so that I could join my ward in going to the Manti Utah Temple. I rode to Manti with my friends Zach, Dan, Robert, and Hannah, and we had a blast! We talked and listened to fun CDs like Men's Chorus, Beauty and the Beast, EFY, and other good stuff. I even looked at my homework for a few seconds. :) We also read about some of the history of the Manti Temple.

Our ward group was the last of four groups signed up for the night, all of which were larger than the temple workers were expecting. So, after running out of lockers in the bathroom and getting dressed,
we waited.
And waited.
And waited.

But I tell you what; waiting in the temple is the greatest place to wait!

The set-up was kind of odd (at least compared to the modern temples), and people getting confirmed or baptized had to awkwardly walk in and out of the waiting area multiple times. However, I finally got the chance to get confirmed and baptized for people anxiously waiting on the other side of the veil. Hoorah for Israel! The baptistry was beautiful and had hand-painted original murals (at least that's what our rap sheet said, and it certainly looked like it). Each of the scenes depicted a "famous" baptism in the scriptures or church history and had a scripture reference written out to go with it. One of the references was something about "Pearl of Great Price #:#." Obviously, that was an original since now scriptures in the Pearl of Great Price are referred to by their book name first. When my turn came, I literally face-planted (can you do that with water?) into the font. Good thing Freddy was there to save me from splashing a ton of water everywhere and from hurting myself more than I did!

This is Kara, me, and Ie Ling in front of the temple soon after we arrived. This was en route to the separate entrance for the baptistry around on the other side of the temple.

This is what some of the temple lit up at night looked like.

Same caption as the last one... :)

This is the view from the lot where we parked. Beautiful!! How in the world did they build this all those years ago?!

Our car stopped at In-N-Out for a very late dinner on our way home. That was my first time to eat there! (My thoughts? Eh. Just a burger and fries. Not gross, but not out of this world.)

I'm so glad that I got to go! It's amazing how many blessings come from attending the temple.
[And, 45 minutes later, I finally got registered for all my classes even though I knew exactly what I wanted from the beginning. What a pain!!]

1 comment:

  1. AMEN to the In-N-Out conclusion!

    Oh, and to all the temple stuff, too.

    ReplyDelete