Check out the receipt from my wrongdoings:
In case you can't read it (click on the picture to see the full-sized version of my misfortune) or don't understand what went down, here's what happened in a nutshell:A long long time ago I had a mom and a brother who told me it was time for me to change the registration on the car to Utah (instead of Texas), but because I have a hard time being motivated to get things done sometimes (especially when a car is involved) and because I didn't want to get rid of the beautiful Texas plates on the car, I never went to the place to change the registration. I have since been driving around in semi-fear that I'd get caught before I made time or remembered to go in. Unfortunately, I must have forgotten what city I lived in. Good ole' Provo is known for its strict police system (especially in regard to cars, parking, and college housing areas), but I seemed to temporarily forget this fact. Because I'm a nice roommate (and because my roommates beat me home), this week I parked out on the street instead of the usual spot underneath our townhouse. Today was the first day I needed to drive somewhere since Monday (boy, quite the exciting life I live, huh?). Once I made the trek to the car, I found a very weathered yellow envelope tucked under my wipers (it's snowed here since Monday).
Oops.
Thirty dollars later, I think I've learned my lesson. I'll be sure to go correctly register the car pronto.
haha.. Sorry. At least it's only thirty bucks!
ReplyDeleteBut that's $30 for the ticket plus the cost of registration/plate change, right?
ReplyDeleteI'll keep reminding you to get it done. :P Missed you in D&C today.
ReplyDeleteI always knew you had somewhat of a criminal streak in you.
ReplyDeleteAre you going to jail? 'Cause I don't think I can afford to bust you out of that joint.
ReplyDelete...So, have you gotten around to registering it in Utah, yet?
ReplyDelete