Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Life's just Peachy

Mom and I decided to save some of the peaches from our tree, so we got busy canning! I was inspired by Lisa, so here are some pictures:


Some of the load. Yummy!
Mom refreshing her memory on how to use the pressure canner. You can see how hot she is after being in the garden all morning and then picking the peaches just before this picture.












Some buckets of peaches. The little green things are some apples from our tree, too! Yay for good fruit!









I don't know what's up with the picture arrangement...

The right picture above is my sorry attempt at taking a picture of us peeling and cutting the peaches. I tried a timer picture, but it didn't show much.

The picture above is only a little of our finished product. This was our first batch, so we didn't do a great job. If you look closely, you can see that about half of each jar is juice. We stuffed the later jars a lot more.

2 comments:

  1. ya'll inspired me! see our blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peaches are yummy, and the birds think so too! Too bad they don't really turn out so pretty in the bottles. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete